Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I reside in a home that my soon to be ex-husband & I use to

Customer Question
share he stopped paying mortgage...
I reside in a home that my soon to be ex-husband & I use to share he stopped paying mortgage and I found out my name is ***** ***** loan but only on deed do I have any rights has a tenant to avoid getting evicted from the home until I can find suitable housing for me & my children?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/29/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..If you are on the deed, then you are a part owner of the property and the bank would have to foreclose on the property, force a sale of it, then the new owner actually pursue a formal eviction action against you to force you to vacate the property. .This could take anywhere from 4-8 months depending on where in the foreclosure process it is before they could force a sale of the property. Then about another month before the new owner could get a judgment of eviction against you to have the sheriff physically force you to vacate...thanksBarrister
Barrister, Lawyer