How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37003
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in a home that my soon to be ex-husband & I use to

Customer Question

I reside in a home that my soon to be ex-husband & I use to share he stopped paying mortgage and I found out my name is ***** ***** loan but only on deed do I have any rights has a tenant to avoid getting evicted from the home until I can find suitable housing for me & my children?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..If you are on the deed, then you are a part owner of the property and the bank would have to foreclose on the property, force a sale of it, then the new owner actually pursue a formal eviction action against you to force you to vacate the property. .This could take anywhere from 4-8 months depending on where in the foreclosure process it is before they could force a sale of the property. Then about another month before the new owner could get a judgment of eviction against you to have the sheriff physically force you to vacate...thanksBarrister