How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 12.5% owner of Fernwood Condominiums (18203 Exchange,

Customer Question

I am 12.5% owner of Fernwood Condominiums (18203 Exchange, Lansing, IL 60438. Due to BAD management/board members, we have lost our State Registration Status. Our treasure and secretary have FAILED for 8 years to provide records. To date, no one has received any information. A management company (Rose Realty, Munster) was hired to assist in the massive amount of issues ... she's provided NOTHING. We have three tenants, all who have not complied to bylaws. Our president is trying, but there is no cooperation from owners, management or board members. We are in SUCH A MESS and I, as an owner have had enough. Because of mismanaged monies I have no idea how much we can afford. Need to know costs for an attorney. It's time to S _ _ t or get off the pot and I am ready to battle. We've lost sooooo much financially and our building is suffering. We need to evict one tenant especially. Can some one help or advise what our step should be? I know it must be legal defense. Thank you so much, xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx (xxx) xxx-xxxx. The 2 board members have committed a crime with the monies ... we're sinking.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
I am genuinely sorry that you find yourself in this situation. Are you specifically looking to retain counsel? Or is there anything else I can also help assist you with?

Related Real Estate Law Questions