Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Is a requirement Mortgage Loan Servicer that services

Customer Question
is a requirement for a...
is a requirement for a Mortgage Loan Servicer that services commercial properties in Puerto Rico to issue a 1098 at the end of the year
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/21/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.If there is mortgage interest over $600, the form 1098 is supposed to be issued and filed with the IRS. The 1098 is for mortgage interest and it is for all mortgage loans, including other loans such as a commercial loan. Whether or not the commercial borrower can or cannot deduct the interest does not matter. The lender is supposed to file and provide a 1098 if they collected more than the $600 interest on real property.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer