How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to get a out of state child support lifted from the property

Customer Question

How to get a out of state child support lifted from the property title after the individual encumbered with the lien is deceased. Does his will have to be probated if the deed to the home is not in his name? The loan is in the deceased name.
There is a quit claim deed leaving the home to his room mate over five years before his death. Can any of his relatives have claim on the home if he leaves all his property to his room mate?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature. To clarify: the decease - let us call him "A" - had child support arrears (unpaid child support) and a lien due to it, and you are asking how to lift titled estate from his name and into that of the beneficiaries of his Will?Correct?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Related Real Estate Law Questions