How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2249
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My taxes just went up on my property in Dallas TX. how do

Customer Question

my taxes just went up on my property in Dallas TX.
how do i find someone who specializes in disputing new appraisals like this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today but please note this is general information only, not legal advice.
I am sorry you are dealing with this situation, it is frustrating when property tax value increases. There are two routes that homeowners typically take: (1) appeal the assessment on their own, or (2) retain local counsel to assist with the appeal.
Here is the Comptroller's link to forms to appeal the assessment:
Experts agree not to refer matters to themselves or specific law firms/lawyers as a condition to being permitted to assist folks on this website. However, we can give general referral resources to aid in your search. The Texas Bar Association has a lawyer referral service that can assist you with locating a local real estate lawyer in your area:
In addition, here is a good informative article written by a law firm that handles matters regarding property assessment in Texas:
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 2 years ago.
I realize rating takes an additional step and time, please let me know if I can provide further information.