How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42824
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We lease the restaurants years just done 1 years but

Customer Question

We lease the restaurants for 3 years just done 1 years but person who provided us place he told me to leave what can i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question and good afternoon.
Here you have a valid lease the landlord cannot just te4ll you to leave.
You have a valid lease and if you pay the rent then you cannot be evicted if you are not in default.
The landlord would have to give you notice and a valid basis for termination and then file forcible entry and detainer and prove you are in default.
You don't have to leave you may continue there until the landlord can show default and you can contest this matter when the time comes.He just cannot tell you to leave the law does not permit this.
As a tenant here in Minnesota you have rights in all of this.
Reference to the law.
Please don't despair you have rights here and may contest this in court.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.