Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

We lease the restaurants years just done 1 years but

Customer Question

We lease the restaurants for 3 years just done 1 years but person who provided us place he told me to leave what can i do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question and good afternoon.
Here you have a valid lease the landlord cannot just te4ll you to leave.
You have a valid lease and if you pay the rent then you cannot be evicted if you are not in default.
The landlord would have to give you notice and a valid basis for termination and then file forcible entry and detainer and prove you are in default.
You don't have to leave you may continue there until the landlord can show default and you can contest this matter when the time comes.He just cannot tell you to leave the law does not permit this.
As a tenant here in Minnesota you have rights in all of this.
Reference to the law.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/overview-landlord-tenant-laws-minnesota.html
Please don't despair you have rights here and may contest this in court.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.