How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34421
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired acontractor to do repairs after a water line broke.

Customer Question

I hired acontractor to do repairs after a water line broke. He said the job was complete. The hot water lines under the house still leak, the laminate floor installed buckled and the dishwaaher won't fit in the space he left. My second mortgage kept the last of his money for months. I just received the money. I don't want to pay him until he fixes the problems. Can i legally do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Yes, if he has not completed a he job by repairing the damage he caused you can not only refuse to pay, you can also sue him for the damage he caused.