How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34486
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 60 year old brother has lived rent free with my father who

Customer Question

My 60 year old brother has lived rent free with my father who was recently removed from the home because of dementia. I now have guardianship and conservatorship of the residence. How do I evict my brother from the residence in Arizona? Everything refers to non payment of rent and breaking a lease which don't apply since he had no lease and never paid rent.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
You would just need to treat it as the termination of a month to month tenancy.
Give 30 days notice that his tenancy is ending. Payment of rent does not matter.
If he does not leave you can file an eviction on the basis that his tenancy ended and he will not leave.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?