How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking at purchasing a piece of property in Asheville,

Customer Question

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a piece of property in Asheville, NC, but it is outside of the Asheville city limits. I want to put two unique structures on the property. A tree house and a geodesic dome, and I will be getting electric but no sewer or well. I will use composting alternatives and rain water collection. I have not been able to get an answer as if I am clear to do so. There are no zoning or deed restrictions, I do know that. Also, will I need permits? If so, what do I need to do and where do I need to go to obtain them? It would be a major plus if I could get by without these permits as I really suck in dealing with government on my own. I am hoping to make this process as simplified as possible. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 years ago.
You are purchasing in a beautiful area.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 years ago.
In areas that are outside of the city limits we need to check if the county is charge of the zoning and permitting in the area that you are purchasing. It is always prudent to have the proper permits (I understand that dealing with government can be challenging) as you can fined for any zoning/building violations. I can pull up the code for your area. The county ALWAYS has the option of permitting structures that do comply with the code under the process of obtaining a VARIANCE.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 years ago.
Have you spoken to the county with regard to your intentions?

Related Real Estate Law Questions