Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I live in Sarasota, FL. How are construction companies restrained

Customer Question
I live in Sarasota, FL...
I live in Sarasota, FL. How are construction companies restrained in this city regarding annoyance from noise and illumination outside of work hours (8 AM - 5 P)?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/17/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
The construction companies are subject to the same noise ordinance restrictions that any other individual or business is subject to. So if they are creating an unreasonable disturbance that goes over a certain decibel level, then they are in violation of the law.
.
The way that most of these companies get cited for noise violations is through private complaints of other businesses or individuals. The local law enforcement officer charged with enforcing the noise ordinance will then investigate with a decibel meter to determine if they are in fact violating the law by being too loud at restricted times.
.
If so, they cite them with violations which result in fines and penalties which increase each time a violation is noted and a citation issued.
.
As for illumination, that would be handled by the same law enforcement office under any specific ordinances regarding the amount of light that the company could emit at night or under "private nuisance" laws if they were making it like noon at midnight and disturbing adjoining neighbors.
.
Let me know if you have further questions.
.
.
thanks
Barrister, Lawyer