Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

The following and attached is what I would like to get some

Customer Question
educated thoughts on. I’ve...
The following and attached is what I would like to get some educated thoughts on. I’ve read the relevant Federal Law and have spoken briefly with someone at HUD and a few others in the Condo world.
From what I can ascertain, it appears as though the Doctor’s letter, backed up by the Disability Certificate, is enough to request an Accommodation and that the Condominium Board must “make a determination” to approve or not to approve” based on that information alone.
The form they asked to be completed appears to be excessive, if not invasive.
It would be extremely helpful if you could put me in touch with your HUD Expert so that I can obtain some advice on how to proceed.
Thanks,
Best regards,
Stan Sheppard *****
Unit 301
Port Chester NY###-##-####(###) ###-####***@******.***
CAN I SEND AN ATTACHMENT TO COMPLETE THIS
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
HOW CAN I SEND YOU A PDF OF RELEVANT DOCUMENTS
7/17/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
If you want documents to be reviewed, you need to request so through "Additional Services" section of the website.
Before I send documents -- this matter relates to an accommodation for a disability that would be of no cost to the Condo that was requested of a Condo Board in Port Chester NY -- and may be covered by either or Federal or NY State Law. Are you experienced in those areas.?The documents I have are what were sent to the Board by my wife and their response. I assume they would warrant the $150 fee and that we would get an opinion re how to proceed considering these
Tina, Lawyer