Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We purchased a home in Orem, Utah, on June 24, 2015, and on July 4, the sewer backed up du

Customer Question
e to failed pluming. As...
We purchased a home in Orem, Utah, on June 24, 2015, and on July 4, the sewer backed up du e to failed pluming. As new homeowners, we are now faced with an additional, unexpected $20,000 in expenses for major, necessary repairs. This problem was not raised in the inspection. Do we have any legal recourse to obtain funding from the previous owners?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/17/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
Did the seller's disclose that they ever had problems with the plumbing or sewer on the Seller's Disclosure form?
.
Or was this an "as is" sale?
.
What went wrong with the sewer?
.
Have you had it inspected by a licensed plumber who stated that this is an old problem that would have happened before?
.
Or something that they would have had to have known about?
.
.
thanks
Tina, Lawyer