How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3675
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Going through a divorce, my husband states he loan his girlfriend $5,0

Customer Question

going through a divorce, my husband states he loan his girlfriend $5,000 to buy a piece of land. the land is in her name. he now has a power of attorney over a warranty deed, mortgage and withdrew $54,000 from one of our accounts, could this possibly be for this texas
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After much research the land purchased cost $44,400, they have made plans to build a $301,000 home. He has lied about many things up to this point which leads me to this with all the figures and dates being so close.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
You need to sue him in divorce court. In Texas, it is a community property state so you own half of the money in the account. If he withdrew money and put it into a house, then you own half of that house, that is how community property works in Texas. Just bring it to the attention of the court and you will be the owner of half of the land and house he builds on that land.
Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Thanks.