Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Going through a divorce, my husband states he loan his girlfriend $5,0

Customer Question
00 to buy a piece...
going through a divorce, my husband states he loan his girlfriend $5,0 00 to buy a piece of land. the land is in her name. he now has a power of attorney over a warranty deed, mortgage and withdrew $54,000 from one of our accounts, could this possibly be for this texas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
After much research the land purchased cost $44,400, they have made plans to build a $301,000 home. He has lied about many things up to this point which leads me to this with all the figures and dates being so close.
Answered in 2 days by:
7/18/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
You need to sue him in divorce court. In Texas, it is a community property state so you own half of the money in the account. If he withdrew money and put it into a house, then you own half of that house, that is how community property works in Texas. Just bring it to the attention of the court and you will be the owner of half of the land and house he builds on that land.
Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Thanks.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer