Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can my son put a manufactured home on a parcel of land we own

Customer Question
that is behind our home without...
Can my son put a manufactured home on a parcel of land we own that is behind our home
without signing over the land or gifting it to him? We want the land to stay in our name but are ok with him putting a house on it. Eventually he would like to buy the property but
cannot afford house and land at this time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/16/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Do you happen to know of any restrictive covenants or zoning issues that would otherwise prevent this?
No
Have you checked out whether there are any zoning issues through the "Check My Property" page at Pierce County website? (https://palsonline.co.pierce.wa.us/pals/public/#/AboutMyProperty)
Yes I checked. Property was originally given to my husband by his father ---for love and affection.
nevermind, please cancel my membership
Okay. But what does it say about zoning?
Do you want to continue with the question? (I'll let them know that you don't want to continue the membership, but you can still get an answer to your question)
Hello?
Are you there?
My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.
Zoning says Rural 10.
Thank you for that information. You said "nevermind" so I do want to make sure that you want to go through with this question and are willing to rate positively a helpful answer... Please confirm that's the case.
Tina, Lawyer