How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need legal representation in a sale by owner of my house

Customer Question

I need legal representation in a sale by owner of my house to a potential buyer. I live in the Port Washington, WI area
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
1) JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients;
2) Nor can we refer you to specific attorneys because of ethical considerations.
I can help with a referral service for WI. I can also possibly provide some links to low cost / pro bono counsel in the state.
Would this be acceptable?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not need legal representation but a guide to how to legally complete a sale by owner of a home transaction(s).Thank youSD
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, I see.
Well, I can possibly help provide the steps. Maybe. Can you tell me if there is going to be a mortgage on the property (i.e. is a lender involved), or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What are the legal steps I need to take to do a sale by owner transaction? what forms do I need to file? how do I write up a contract that is a " sale as is"? The buyers are currently renting the house, they have gotten a loan and are ready to go but I want to make sure I am protected and the transactions on my side are legal for the state of Wisconsin to recognize the sale of my home.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The buyer will have a mortgage, we also have a mortgage on the house but with the sale of the house, we will pay that off.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the wait. I was away from the site when you had replied. I am still away (in transit), but can reply in late evening if you do not mind the wait; or, opt out in favor of another expert who can reply sooner. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI:I called a local attorney for an need for a call back. When I did not hear back from you, I assume no one was interested.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Okay. You can call customer service to close the question/refund - 1.***-***-****.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.SD
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You also
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Sorry, I "have" to reply to close out the thread. There is no need for you to reply. Be well.