How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacESQ Your Own Question
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16323
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
ScottyMacESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I make sure that my contractor has paid all the

Customer Question

How do I make sure that my contractor has paid all the workers who worked on our house? Can I have him put that there are no other claimant but himself on this job? Also can I ask him to file and record a Certificate of Completion?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. You can attempt this, but ultimately a subcontractor can still get a lien on the property regardless what the contract says. You can also have him file this. The main thing that you want to make sure is that he is "bonded". You want to check out his license ( as well. But the bond itself is what covers any negligence on his part or non-payment from him to his subcontractors. It also gives you more of a peace of mind that he's not a fly-by-night operator, but rather is someone who is in this business for the long haul. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Related Real Estate Law Questions