How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have had 3 failed "we buy ugly houses" firms to sell our

Customer Question

We have had 3 failed "we buy ugly houses" firms to sell our house. What can we do to get this house free from our name?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
The first place to start with marketing a home is with a licensed realtor.While many people try to use widely advertised (but lightly regulated) services such as "we buy ugly houses" a licensed realtor is usually your best option for marketing and selling your home. Even if they are unable to actually market your home, they can help you evaluate your house, the current market, your loan portfolio and help you identify options (such as a short sale, or a "deed in lieu").Whenever hiring a realtor, check references, and check licensing (Texas Dept. of Licensing: (license verification/lookup in the top center toolbar)).