LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

DOUG, REGARDING YOUR ANSWER TO ME YESTERDAY CONCERNING THE

Customer Question

DOUG, REGARDING YOUR ANSWER TO ME YESTERDAY CONCERNING THE 12 MONTH REDEMPTION PERIOD WHICH IS PART OF THE SHERIFF'S DEED, YOU STATED I HAVE PHYSICAL POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY DURING THE ONE YEAR RIGHT OF REDEMPTION, AND THE LIENHOLDER (buyer) HAS NO
RIGHTS UNTIL THE ONE YEAR IS REACHED. THE PROPERTY IS A VACATION HOME WHICH I RENT WHEN NOT IN USE. DURING THE REDEMPTION PERIOD WHICH ENDS FEBRUARY 13, 2016, WHO GETS THE RENTAL INCOME, MYSELF AS THE OCCUPENT OR THE BUYER (LIEN HOLDER). REFER TO MY QUESTION
YESTERDAY JULY 13, 2015.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for asking for me.
As you still are in the redemption period, you still have the legal ownership of the property and you have the right of possession. That means that you are entitled to the rents from the property during the redemption period as well.
Only after the end of the redemption period, if you do not redeem the property, will the new titled owner be entitled to the rents from the property from the time that they perfect title forward. That generally happens within a few days or weeks of the end of the redemption period.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug