How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My apt. complex is doing upgrades, and of course with the upgrades

Customer Question

My apt. complex is doing upgrades, and of course with the upgrades comes an upgrade in rent amount. With the increase, they say I no longer financially qualify (I am a disabled vet., only income coming from VA disability) and thus, after 3 1/2 years of living here I now have to leave after my lease is up. Can I do anything? Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Is this a privately owned apt complex?
Is it in a rent controlled area?