How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to meet with an attorney to begin probate

Customer Question

I need to meet with an attorney to begin probate proceedings. Would prefer someone local to me (Long Beach, Ca. , San Pedro, Ca.)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am sorry for any misunderstandings about our site, but state law forbids us from actually representing anyone from this site.
If you need an attorney to represent you, please try the same sites used by other attorneys, or
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not mean to ask you to represent me, but to help me get started with probate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am available to take a call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I apologize but live phone calls, unlike in other sections on, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
If you have specific questions about your situation, tell us your situation and your questions for us. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely no - the Law Educator, Esq. Real Estate attorney said ht cannot return or do a live calls. You have not done anything but ask to get paid for telling me to look at common legal websites. This is not what I needed. I do not consider
this legal help or answering my questions by referring me to websites or to a different attorney who also will not switch to a live phone call with "the real estate lawyer", as stated below "Rather talk than ty
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Please understand, you have not been charged anything but a fully refundable deposit. The expert, who is not an employee of this site, has not been paid a dime. This site works with back and forth communications between the expert and the customer and only when the expert has answered all of the customer's questions on their issue does the customer leave positive feedback for the expert to receive credit. My responses asking you for more information did not even give you the opportunity to leave such feedback, so I certainly was not asking you to pay yet.
However, as it seems you do not wish to work within what state laws mandate and do not want to work within how the site is set up to work, I would be glad to opt out and perhaps another expert may be willing to risk their license to practice law by engaging in such conduct with you.
I do still remain willing to work with you if you would provide me the information necessary to answer you. If it is only representation you are seeking, then you need to hire a local attorney, which our site terms explained to you when you posted your question (and you can get your deposit refunded by contacting customer service) from the same sites used by other attorneys, or