Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Re: Residential subdivision website ownership, content, images,

Customer Question

Re: Residential subdivision website ownership, content, images, and copyright plans. (1) In 2008 founded and developed a residential subdivision. In 2009, I created a website for the community utilizing live photos that I took of the front of homes and aesthetics of the community, thumbnail images that I paid a royalty fee for, colored renderings of land plans and community amenities, and architectural renderings of house plans with written permission of the copyright owners. (2) In 2013 I conveyed the community lots, community entrance features, improvements in the right-of-way along with my founder's rights and architectural rights to an LLC founded by a non-related party that purchased some of these subdivision lots that were foreclosed on. I am on good terms with the new founder. I am in the process of giving him full access of the subdivision website including the passwords to the files on Godaddy's server. (3) I am design, build and renovate homes as well as develop residential developments. I want to (a) keep the ownership of my live photos for my marketing purposes and give him the right to utilize them, my website content, along with the community logo, (b) advise him to change the contact and password ***** of the website prior to making changes, (c) advise him that it is his responsibility to get permission from the above mentioned parties, and (d) advise him to insert the name of his LLC since it is almost identical to the name of my LLC that owned that currently has possession of the website.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
Please review the JA disclaimer below. It sounds like you want a custom made contract to accomplish the (a) thru (d) above. While we cannot draft one for you; if you want, I can assist you with any related legal questions that you may have for the deposit you have posted.
Otherwise, it may be best to see a business transactions lawyer in your area.