How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Howard County, Maryland. Plumbing contractor replaced sewer

Customer Question

Howard County, Maryland. Plumbing contractor replaced sewer line in our unit of a condominium and unneccessarily damaged the property of the condo (sidewalks). I was told I could not file an insurance claim against the contractor's insurance because I did not own the condo's common areas. ( not a injured party). The HOA held us accountable. We hired other contractors to repair damages to the common areas at our expense of $5000.00.
How can I file a claim for our expenses? Through the condominium or Home Owners Association insurance of directly? Other ?
The Home Owners Association through it's management firm has not been helpful or cooperative.
Please advise. Not being treated fairly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, are you a homeowner in the HOA?