Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I have a next-door neighbor who has reported me to every agency

Customer Question

I have a next-door neighbor who has reported me to every agency in the City and County on a repeated basis. All incidents were dismissed by the authorities. I would like to have an injunction filed against him for ongoing harassment. I have full documentation of all incidents. The City and County officials are obligated to respond, but they are very annoyed with this person as well. It needs to stop.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
There is a cause of action for intentional infliction of emotional distress. This occurs when someone commits acts without any justification and for no other purpose than to cause harassment and distress in another person.
If you prove your case then you can, under the Georgia Civil Code, be awarded punitive damages and attorney fees, as well.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.