Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Do I have a case? There is bad blood between myself and

Customer Question

Do I have a case? There is bad blood between myself and stepmother. I want to sue her.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. It will be my pleasure to assist you. Can you give me a better idea of what's going on, so I can try to answer your question, please? I'm not sure what you mean by bad blood or what the exact circumstances are, but typically arguing, insults and such aren't enough to sue or be sued over, but I need an idea of exactly what's happened.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My stepmother had my birth mothers headstone changed after my dad died. The headstone was removed (by the cemetary) and changed the inscription on it. According to Evergreen Washelli Cemetary in Seattle this is not permitted. The headstone was placed in 1966 and changed in about 2005.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will check back in the morning, thank You
Thank you for your reply. I did not notice until after I replied to you that this was a duplicate question:http://www.justanswer.com/law/96jxk-mothers-headstone-altered-stepmother-without.htmlI agree with the other expert who replied to you in that thread that you could sue your step-mother for damages both compensatory, and punitive. I would recommend you go back to that thread and follow-up with that expert or otherwise accept his answer, as it is correct. I'll ask customer service to close this question as a duplicate once you have read it.