How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a condo rented within the city limits of Seattle Washington.

Customer Question

I have a condo rented within the city limits of Seattle Washington. I want to sell the condo. The tenant and the city have told me the only way to get them to move is if they want to or it is sold and an owner wants to move into the unit. What do I need to do to get this person out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Is the person under a written fixed term lease?
Or are they month to month?
Is there some reason why you don't want to sell the property with the tenant in it?