Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

We have two liens satisfaction on the certificate of title

Customer Question

we have two liens satisfaction on the certificate of title for a double wide mobile home in tarpon springs florida. the registered owner is in both of our names (we are not married) but we each paid half for the home. the identification number and title number are different on each one. when we sell this mobile home will i get half of the sale price and will the check be in my name? will i have to submit my change of address as we are no longer a couple?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
The check for the net proceeds is paid to the owners of record as they both direct.
Therefore, the escrow agent will issue as and the other owner may direct or in a single check payable to both of you.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.