How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have found a manufactured home in Indiana. The title

Customer Question

I have found a manufactured home for sale in Indiana. The title was retired in 2005 and it was converted to real property. I know it can be court ordered out of retirement and reissued. I can't find what needs to be done. BMV packet for coutrt ordered title mostly refers to vehicle or watercraft. I need to know what I need to do for manufactured home?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The process involves filing a petition to quiet title. This is a name used for any title action in court. In the petition you have to explain the facts and the date it was converted to real property and ask the court to convert it back to a movable and order the title to be reinstated. Once the court issues the order to reinstate the title, then you bring that to BMV and they will issue a new title.

Related Real Estate Law Questions