How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33463
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lease purchase agreement signed in 2004 property

Customer Question

I have a lease purchase agreement signed in 2004 for a property that states total purchase price is 65000. I paid the 65000 and brought it to the attention of lessor that total price on contract was paid. He then sent me papers that he hasn't been paid in full and he also sent me copies of a 140,000 mortgage. What do I do? We agreed on 65000 and have a signed contract.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
If the seller is not complying with the terms of the sale then your remedy is to sue him for breach of contract. The court can order him to convey the property to you, as required in the contract and also award damages.