Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm the president of a condo board. There is a co-owner who

Customer Question

I'm the president of a condo board. There is a co-owner who is not keeping up her areas for which she is responsible: doors, windows, deck. Our bylaws don't spell out remedies. We don't want to pay for repairs because we're afraid she will never reimburse the association. What is our best legal recourse? Threaten with a lawsuit, file a lien or what?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature; and (C) There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Does this person have a mortgage on their property, or, not sure?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.