How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved into a home of a deceased friends parents home who

Customer Question

I moved into a home of a deceased friends parents home who still had a mortgage on the home, I have been living here for almost 6 years now. I tried to work with the mortgage co. but they would not speak to me or except the mortgage payments I sent to catch the mortgage up. I was able to stop forclosure on 2 occasions in 2011, then I hired an attorney in 2012 and he passed away in the middle of mediations in 2012. I have no lease or contract with the mortgage co. No legal action has been taken since 2011 and now they want to take us to court to forclose. Iam diabled and have very little income and have no way to find another place to live as my health is not good. What rights if any do I have? Remember I have been living here for almost 6 years now.I am suppose to be in court tomorrow because the want to take the house. Help please
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Is the deed to the property in your name or is it still in the parent's name?
Have any payments been made and accepted by the lender?

Related Real Estate Law Questions