LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Can AT&T claim to have a utility easement on a Texas private

Customer Question

Can AT&T claim to have a utility easement on a Texas private cemetery?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Not only may they claim they have such an easement, I would be a bit surprised if the easement is not in the deed to the land that the cemetery is situated on. The deed will have to be consulted to see if the easement is described in the deed.
I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.
If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.
Kindly take a moment to rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided. Please understand that I have no control over the how the law impacts your particular situation.
Thank you,
Doug