Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can penalties and interest on TX property taxes be abated for…

Customer Question
Can penalties and interest on...
Can penalties and interest on TX property taxes be abated for a terminally ill property owner>
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/30/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 3 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your client's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
As a CPA, I am sure that you are aware that under Texas law, homeowners who are 65 or older or disabled qualify for an additional $10,000 exemption for school district taxes and a $3,000.
Aside from that, there is no property tax relief granted based on a property owner being terminally ill. I am sorry.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug