Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If a use is allowed as a principal use in a zoning district,

Customer Question
is that same use allowed...
If a use is allowed as a principal use in a zoning district, is that same use allowed in other, lessor districts even if it is not prohibited in the lessor district? Ex: If a motel is allowed in RMF-T as a principal permitted use, is it also allowed in RSF?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
LCothermanyahoo.com
***@******.***
6/29/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
No, not necessarily so. It would have to be specified in the category of use, meaning that you cannot assume that a lesser use would necessarily be permitted in the example that you gave. There are distinctions, for example, between industrial and other types of commercial uses.