How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 28367
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First of all we had a foreclosure case dismissed by the bank

Customer Question

First of all we had a foreclosure case dismissed by the bank on 3/19/14. We have just seen on CCAP that another case has been filed (opened) electronically by another "division" of the original bank. We have not been "served" nor have we received any notice directly from the courts? We do have pending litigation against the bank for several federal violations. Do they have to "serve" us new paperwork as they did in the original case notifying us of this new action?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. When did you see this? Today?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yesterday the 30th of June
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually it would have been the 29th of June...
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. Yes, they do. The reason why I say this is because they voluntarily dismissed the case, without prejudice. As such, if they refiled, they would have to start the case over, which would require them to serve you again, since it is a new lawsuit, with a new case number. Had this been a situation where the Judge allowed them time to amend their complaint or there was other language in the order that would simply allow them to refile, without serving, you, it would have been stated within. If not, then it is a new lawsuit and you would need to be served.