Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have , with another person signed lease house

Customer Question

I have , with another person signed lease for rental house 10 days ago. They have 1400 of money. I need to get out of lease that has stated my total indebtedness for this year lease is $8100. I have been left holding the bag and cannot afford lease by myself. Is there any chance i can pay only 1/2 of the indebtedness or optimally get out of this situation all together? I expect i am probably going to be sued for the terms of the lease. Please advise. Thank you, Ann
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you, Ann. Did the lease start yet? Did you take possession of the property? Or this is for a future lease, although you already signed the agreement? Please advise.