Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We put a fence up 14 inches inside property line the neighbors…

Customer Question
we put a fence up...
we put a fence up 14 inches inside property line the neighbors are now putting their blocks.hooks and furniture beyond line up to our fence what can we do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/28/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
You have the right to remove their stuff here.It is on your property take it down and put it in their yard or at their door.They have no right to do anything here on your fence and you have ownership as it is on your land.
And you may want to post no trespassing signs here and call the police if they return the items.A security camera might provide you with more evidence for the police.
It is criminal here no doubt..
enal
§ 140.10 Criminal trespass in the third degree.
A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the third degree when he
knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a building or upon real
property
(a) which is fenced or otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to
exclude intruders; or
(b) where the building is utilized as an elementary or secondary
school or a children's overnight camp as defined in section one thousand
three hundred ninety-two of the public health law or a summer day camp
as defined in section one thousand three hundred ninety-two of the
public health law in violation of conspicuously posted rules or
regulations governing entry and use thereof; or
(c) located within a city with a population in excess of one million
and where the building or real property is utilized as an elementary or
secondary school in violation of a personally communicated request to
leave the premises from a principal, custodian or other person in charge
thereof; or
(d) located outside of a city with a population in excess of one
million and where the building or real property is utilized as an
elementary or secondary school in violation of a personally communicated
request to leave the premises from a principal, custodian, school board
member or trustee, or other person in charge thereof; or
(e) where the building is used as a public housing project in
violation of conspicuously posted rules or regulations governing entry
and use thereof; or
(f) where a building is used as a public housing project in violation
of a personally communicated request to leave the premises from a
housing police officer or other person in charge thereof; or
(g) where the property consists of a right-of-way or yard of a
railroad or rapid transit railroad which has been designated and
conspicuously posted as a no-trespass railroad zone.
Criminal trespass in the third degree is a class B misdemeanor.
You can sue here in small claims as well if they damage your fence.This is another way to seek to end this.
I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.I wish you the best here.
Here are sings you can post..
http://www.mysecuritysign.com/new-york-no-trespassing-signs
If you remove the objects here and post your no trespassing signs if they return the objects call the police as this is trespass and they can be prosecuted because it is on your property.
Thanks again , if you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.
I am so sorry you are having to deal with such a neighbor.
Ray, Lawyer