Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My step mom transferred ownership of her home via quit claim…

Customer Question
my step mom transferred ownership...
my step mom transferred ownership of her home via quit claim deed a life estate, now she wants me out of the house saying that I am a tenant at will , what does this mean and can she do that
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/27/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Are you saying that stepmother transferred her house to someone, but kept a life estate to be able to live there and use the house for the rest of her life?
.
Who did she transfer the house to?
.
Do you have any ownership interest in the house?
.
Do you pay rent?
.
.
thanks