Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Are changes in a condo's Rules and Regulations subject to approval

Customer Question
by the condominium membership?...
are changes in a condo's Rules and Regulations subject to approval by the condominium membership?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Yes.Your by-laws will give you the specifics for your particular HOA (the voting rules vary between individual HOAs regarding quorum requirements, and what percentage majority is required to pass an amendment to your CC&Rs, so you will need to review your HOA's governing documents to find out what rules apply to your specific situation, but yes, changes to the CC&Rs must be voted in by the members).
what are cc&r's ? are they the same as Rules and Regulations?
Yes, they are (CC&Rs stands for "Covenants Conditions and Restrictions" but there are a few different titles for these documents).
Thank you
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.
Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.
Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.
Bill
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer