How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you hired a lawyer to answer a forcelosure complaint only,

Customer Question

If you hired a lawyer to answer a forcelosure complaint only, does all future correspondence from the servicer have to go through that attorney?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. That depends on the agreement you have with the attorney. If the agreement is open-ended, then he can receive future documentation and bill you for the work. But if you simply hired him for one project, you can inform the servicer that you no longer use that attorney and request that the documentation go directly over to you instead. By default the parties contact lawyers first but you can inform them to contact you instead. Sincerely, ***** *****