How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34076
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Recorder's Office in Hillsboro, OR told me they do not

Customer Question

The Recorder's Office in Hillsboro, OR told me they do not record Promissory Notes.
I have a Promissory Note that states it is to act as a Lien against a home property in
case that property is sold or goes into a reverse mortgage.
What options do I have in order for the Recorder's Office to file this Lien?
(IE, can I submit a Notarized Affidavit with the Promissory Note attached? Or, must
I get it re-written AS a Lien? Or, is there some other label I must use for the Recorder's
Office to accept my Note?)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
A promissory not is not recordable. If it is secured by real estate then the document to record to put others on notice and secure your priority is a mortgage.
Here is a link which will create a mortgage for you at a nominal charge:
Best regards.