WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Started visiting house privately and price $870000.00.

Customer Question

Started visiting house for sale privately and price $870000.00. This was on Trade me and also advertised on Trade me through a Real Estate agent .
During our looking time the price was put up to $4895000.00.
We now in a position to purchase privately .
Are we able to offer her say 850000.00 as no commission or just pay 870000.00 her asking price .
The real estate agent has not bought anybody to view house .
What I am trying to say is that I felt we could take commission amount off what she wants ???
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is meant to read price put up to $895000.00 not as wrongly written $4895000.00
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can make her an offer of any amount that you want, and the seller has the option to accept or not. You do not have to worry about the commssion, because that is not your responsibility. It is between the seller and the broker, and you should not have to worry about that, so go ahead an offer a lower amount excluding teh commission.
Please rate the respone 4 or 5 and close out the quesiton. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Let me know if you have any more questions. All the best.