How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My home went into foreclosure. How do I get it back?

Customer Question

My home went into foreclosure. How do I get it back?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Has the house been sold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, not until tomorrow
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks. The only thing you can do is file chapter 13 bankruptcy and have the automatic stay stop the bankruptcy. Then, you would be allowed to propose a payment plan that would allow you to pay the note in an amount that you can afford.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Otherwise, there is really no way to stop the foreclosure. Thus, that would mean you'd have to file today or tomorrow before the sale.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Who do I contact to stop it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Help me please
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
You'd need to consult local bankruptcy lawyer to help you get a bankruptcy filed ASAP in order to stop the foreclosure sale.