Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What is the qualifying age exemption in Kent

Customer Question
What is the qualifying age...
What is the qualifying age for homestead exemption in Kentucky?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/25/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. The counties of Kentucky set this out as requriements.The Homestead Exemption for 2015-2016 is $36,900.Kentucky’s Constitution allows property owners who are 65 or older to receive the Homestead Exemption on their primary residence. If you are eligible to receive the Homestead Exemption, the exemption amount is subtracted from your property’s assessed value, reducing your property tax liability.
So age 65 to claim the exemption here in Kentucky.They also state. Only one exemption (Homestead or Disability) is allowed per household. Those who currently receive the exemption need not reapply. You can receive the Homestead Exemption on residential or commercial property as long as you own and occupy the property. https://jeffersonpva.ky.gov/property-assessment/exemptions/homestead-exemption/ I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Application forms for you here. https://jeffersonpva.ky.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/APPLICATION-050120131.pdf
Tina, Lawyer