CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I live in a small gated HOA community, recently I discovered

Customer Question

I live in a small gated HOA community, recently I discovered my sewer line is probably crushed under the street, or at the main sewer connection.. The city does not maintain those roads, our HOA does.. I wanted to ask if the HOA would be responsible for that repair or if I am. I live in SS and was given an estimate of eight to ten thousand dollars for the repair, as a result I have not been able to use my restroom nor my washer or dishwasher because of it backing up.. So is the HOA responsible or am I .. Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the HOA should be responsible for this (the road is a common area element, and the HOA is responsible for it). If the common area element caused the damage, the HOA is responsible for the repair.