How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Maryland when is a developer/builder required to turn over

Customer Question

In Maryland when is a developer/builder required to turn over the association to the owners?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
The answer is not located online, it is located right with your HOA's CC&Rs. There is generally no law requiring turn-over, but the CC&Rs may list conditions when the transfer may occur. Language may state that when all units are sold, or a set percentage (such as 2/3 of the units), or after a set period of time, such as two years. That is what governs, how your own specific rules are drafted as they are the ones that set forth the conditions and the mechanism for the transfer of control to the members from the developer.
Dimitry, Esq.