Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I need advice on a lawyer that deals with incompetent homeowner

Customer Question

I need advice on a lawyer that deals with incompetent homeowner association management companies. The Mgmt company is independently owned and operated and in conjunction with the resident-elected volunteer landscape committee of 10, they are not listening to my issues re. landscaping, slope maintenance, planting, maintenance, nor low-water usage strategy and mandates by Governor Brown to cut water usage by 43 % in Solana Beach CA. or the HOA will be fined $10K per day ! I want to know what my legal rights as a HOA member who dutifully pays dues whereas gets nothing but patronizing lip-service, placating efforts and if one is NOT on the committee, there is no grievance method, formally or informally. I as a voting, dues-paying, diligent resident/owner have no recourse but to withhold paying my $ 495 per month where I get NOTHING for this exhorbanent sum. There is no tot lot, no swimming pool, no tennis court, nothing nothing nothing but "common area" landscape and the typical house painting, rat and termite inspections/eradication, yada yada yada. (I've been part of a HOA in CA since 1996 so I know the drill and the process). All I'm looking for is my legal rights in withholding my $ 495 until he year 2023 when I should get "payback" for the $40 - 63K I have paid from my own pocketbook for planing design, landscape hard and soft scape, weeding, fertilizing, etc etc on the "Common Area" on my condo lot. The owner of the HOA assn Mgmt company has "lost my e mail and/or phone numbers"--facitiously. please call me either at(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####or***@******.*** with what recourse I have. Thank you very much, Ina
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are looking for actual representation, we are forbidden by state law from representing anyone from this site and all we can do is provide information to customers as to how to handle their situations. We are also forbidden from making personal referrals, all we can do is simply provide unbiased information customers are seeking. If that is sufficient for you, we would be more than happy to work with you.