Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In the state of Missouri if the proceeds from a real estate…

Customer Question
In the state of Missouri...
In the state of Missouri if the proceeds from a real estate closing are not payed out to the party selling the house what is the time limitation on the sellers wright to claim the funds from the sale?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/24/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) f you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. This would be ten years under R.S.Mo. 516.110(1).
Therefore, if this was 7 years ago, one still has time to file suit in regards ***** ***** contract.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.