Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

If i transfer a property as a gift to someone,will this affect

Customer Question
their apportunity in the future...
if i transfer a property as a gift to someone,will this affect their apportunity in the future as first time home buyer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/23/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Are you asking in relation to their status as a first time home buyer as far as obtaining a loan?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can you tell me if your question is in relation to the person(s) you gift title to the property to being able to qualify for a loan in the future as first time home buyers?
Sorry there was computer glitch in the screen/format I was working on so I changed the format to respond to your question.
For purposes under Florida law they could be considered a first time home buyer under (A) below if they have not had an ownership/title interest in the three years prior to applying for a loan, or the other definitions stated below apply.
"HUD DEFINITION OF FIRST TIME FLORIDA HOMEBUYER:
A. Is an individual who has not had an ownership interest in a principal Florida home during the last 3 years. This includes a spouse they are considered Florida first-time Florida homebuyers.
B. Single parents are first time homebuyers if they have only owned a Florida home with a former spouse while married or a single parent who has only owned with a former spouse while married is also considered a first time Florida homebuyer.
C. A first time Florida homebuyer is one who is one who has been a displaced homemaker and has only owned a Florida home with a former spouse.
D. A first time Florida homebuyer is an individual who has only owned a principal Florida home not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation in accordance with applicable regulations.
E. A Florida first time homebuyer is an individual who has NOT owned a Florida home that was in compliance with Florida State, local or model building codes and which cannot be brought into compliance for less than the cost of constructing a permanent Florida home."
http://www.florida-mortgage-lenders.com/first-time-florida-home-buyer-loans.html
Please feel free to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.
If you would be kind enough to rate my service so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.
Thank you for using JA!
We appreciate your business.
I wanted to follow up with you to see if the information I provided was helpful?
Please let me know. Thank you for using JA!
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney