Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I ought a house ten years ago. My daughter and four boys and

Customer Question

I ought a house ten years ago. My daughter and four boys and a boyfriend moved in. Two years later I was talked into putting her on the deed. Two and a half years ago she stopped paying bills on time and we never make our payment on time. Sometimes it's not the right amount. It might be depending how she feels. This month hasn't been paid yet, and I'm over this arrangement. Can I get a court order to make her pay? Do I have any options.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Once you put her on the deed you made her a joint tenant/co-owner, so she is liable to pay her share of the bills for the house. If she is not paying at least her share and contributing to payments for the home, you can sue her to recover her share of anything she was supposed to pay on the home.