How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116817
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I ought a house ten years ago. My daughter and four boys and

Customer Question

I ought a house ten years ago. My daughter and four boys and a boyfriend moved in. Two years later I was talked into putting her on the deed. Two and a half years ago she stopped paying bills on time and we never make our payment on time. Sometimes it's not the right amount. It might be depending how she feels. This month hasn't been paid yet, and I'm over this arrangement. Can I get a court order to make her pay? Do I have any options.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Once you put her on the deed you made her a joint tenant/co-owner, so she is liable to pay her share of the bills for the house. If she is not paying at least her share and contributing to payments for the home, you can sue her to recover her share of anything she was supposed to pay on the home.

Related Real Estate Law Questions