How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** i'm going through the foreclosure

Customer Question

hello, my name is ***** ***** i'm going through the foreclosure of my home, i have been served with the documents on june 5th and have 30 days to file for a motion. it costs me over $500 to file . i tried working with the bank on a loan modification got denied even though i have a supportive income. i have to pay the entire amount owed which is about 30k if i want to keep the home.i intend to keep the home and pay back in installments +my regular monthly payment so like maybe $1000 on top of my regular payment each month until i pay what i'm behind. my question is #1 what are the chances the judge would approve that , and should i hire a lawyer or i can see the judge on my own?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Foreclosures are a statutory process so a judge does not have much leeway to agree to order anything that the lender will not agree to, such as monthly payments.
Have you tried a loan modification through HUD?
Where are you located so I can provide a link for attorneys in your area that provide free consultations? I don't want to see you spend $500.00 to file and get nowhere.